Welcome to Florida Association of the Deaf!
2016 FAD and FRID Joint Conference
"Progress Together" - In the spirit of hosting our first joint FAD-FRID conference, we are striving to strengthen the relationship between our two organizations, paving the way for stronger relationships between our communities. We recognize the importance of understanding and celebrating the diversity within our communities. To do so, it is imperative that we develop greater awareness of the challenges facing members of our communities. With this in mind, the conference will focus around the guiding principle of social justice. According to the National Association of Social Workers, social justice is "the view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities." Several of the workshops and the keynote address(es) will revolve around this theme. We are excited about the first of many joint ventures between FAD and FRID. Please join us for the start of something great!
Vice President June McMahon's Vlog on Interpreting Complaints
The Florida Association of the Deaf, Inc. (FAD) is affiliated with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and seeks among other important things:
* To promote and safeguard the educational system for self-preservation.
* To promote awareness of communication difficulties, and methods.
* To promote in the use of communication devices.
* To promote in the use of protective signaling devices (smoke detectors, alarms and others).
* To serve as a watchdog of legislation or practices that may affect Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support, with reason, all phases of various organizations and associations working with and for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support fully the affiliated clubs and Associations of the Deaf in Florida in their efforts to bring about greater civic and social interaction of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened community.
FAD and You
The FAD is an organization that promotes Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened Floridians to interact with each other as well as with the hearing community, legislature and agencies/organizations serving Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened citizens. We help you to get the most from your lifestyle. FAD functions as the state organization to promote the well-being of an individual.
FAD makes every attempt to ensure your satisfaction while you are a resident of Florida here, and assist in making Florida a better place.
FAD E-blast Subscription
Want to sign up to receive emails through FAD to get news, announcements, events, etc.?