Welcome to Florida Association of the Deaf!
Florida Association of the Deaf 100th Anniversary Celebration
The #FAD100 Planning Committee, on behalf of the Florida Association of the Deaf (FAD), looks forward to welcoming members, friends, and supporters to the FAD 100th Anniversary Celebration and 46th Biennial Statewide Conference.
The FAD was established in 1917 at the first alumni gathering of deaf graduates of the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB). This special centennial event will be held November 2-5, 2017 in St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach, FL.
The theme for this year’s 100th anniversary celebration and conference is Honor the Past, Cherish the Present, and Shape the Future. Attendees from Florida and across state lines will come together to honor past accomplishments, cherish how far we have come to this day, and contribute ideas to help shape the future of the FAD and the communities it serves.
Lots of exciting things are in the works! Seats are limited for the FAD 100th Anniversary Celebration Banquet – we are honored to have Alex Abenchuchan, creator and host of The Daily Moth as guest speaker, with dynamic Elizabeth “Betti” Bonni as emcee, and widely acclaimed ASL storyteller Manny Hernandez for a wonderful evening of enjoyment.
Visit http://www.fad2017conference.org/ to learn more, check out the schedule, register, and reserve your hotel room, so you can be right in the center of the action. The website will be continually updated, so please check back frequently for the latest news.
Make plans to join us in November!
Donna Drake, Chair
#FAD100 Planning Committee
Registration & Hotel Reservations Deadlines Extended To October 16, 2017
100th Anniversary Celebration & 46th Biennial Statewide Conference
St. Augustine | St. Augustine Beach
November 2-5, 2017
The #FAD100 Committee takes this opportunity to announce extension of registration and hotel reservation deadlines for the upcoming FAD 100th Anniversary Celebration and 46th Biennial Conference, to be held November 2-5, 2017 in St. Augustine & St. Augustine Beach. Three major sponsors have also signed on in support of this historic event.
The original October 6 registration deadline is now extended by 10 days. The FAD must receive registration forms/payment no later than Monday, October 16, 2017 – we encourage interested persons to register online at the #FAD100 Registration page – https://www.fad2017oconference.org/register – This is necessary to finalize catering arrangements, print enough centennial books, and order the right amount of tote bags.
The Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine Beach hotel has agreed to extend the #FAD100 guest room reservation deadline to Sunday, October 1, 2017. Interested persons are encouraged to view a #FAD100 Committee vlog – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KhwDBogp0 – explaining the benefits of using the #FAD100 special group rate – reserve your room at https://www.fad2017conference.org/reserve
The #FAD100 Committee is pleased to announce the following sponsorships – click on each to learn more about their services:
· Gold Sponsor ($2,500) – Florida Telecommunications Relay, Inc. (FTRI) / Florida Relay 711 – https://www.ftri.org/
· Emerald Sponsor ($1,000) – ZVRS / Purple – https://www.zvrs.com/
· Silver Sponsor ($500) – Florida Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (FRID) – http://www.fridcentral.org/
Additional sponsorships are welcome – interested organizations and businesses are encouraged to visit the #FAD100 Sponsorship page - https://www.fad2017conference.org/sponsor
Vice President June McMahon's Vlog on Interpreting Complaints
The Florida Association of the Deaf, Inc. (FAD) is affiliated with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and seeks among other important things:
* To promote and safeguard the educational system for self-preservation.
* To promote awareness of communication difficulties, and methods.
* To promote in the use of communication devices.
* To promote in the use of protective signaling devices (smoke detectors, alarms and others).
* To serve as a watchdog of legislation or practices that may affect Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support, with reason, all phases of various organizations and associations working with and for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support fully the affiliated clubs and Associations of the Deaf in Florida in their efforts to bring about greater civic and social interaction of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened community.
FAD and You
The FAD is an organization that promotes Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened Floridians to interact with each other as well as with the hearing community, legislature and agencies/organizations serving Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened citizens. We help you to get the most from your lifestyle. FAD functions as the state organization to promote the well-being of an individual.
FAD makes every attempt to ensure your satisfaction while you are a resident of Florida here, and assist in making Florida a better place.
FAD E-blast Subscription
Want to sign up to receive emails through FAD to get news, announcements, events, etc.?