Welcome to Florida Association of the Deaf!
Florida Association of the Deaf 100th Anniversary Celebration
The #FAD100 Planning Committee, on behalf of the Florida Association of the Deaf (FAD), looks forward to welcoming members, friends, and supporters to the FAD 100th Anniversary Celebration and 46th Biennial Statewide Conference.
The FAD was established in 1917 at the first alumni gathering of deaf graduates of the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB). This special centennial event will be held November 2-5, 2017 in St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach, FL.
The theme for this year’s 100th anniversary celebration and conference is Honor the Past, Cherish the Present, and Shape the Future. Attendees from Florida and across state lines will come together to honor past accomplishments, cherish how far we have come to this day, and contribute ideas to help shape the future of the FAD and the communities it serves.
Lots of exciting things are in the works! Seats are limited for the FAD 100th Anniversary Celebration Banquet – we are honored to have Alex Abenchuchan, creator and host of The Daily Moth as guest speaker, with dynamic Elizabeth “Betti” Bonni as emcee, and widely acclaimed ASL storyteller Manny Hernandez for a wonderful evening of enjoyment.
Visit http://www.fad2017conference.org/ to learn more, check out the schedule, register, and reserve your hotel room, so you can be right in the center of the action. The website will be continually updated, so please check back frequently for the latest news.
Make plans to join us in November!
Donna Drake, Chair
#FAD100 Planning Committee
Vice President June McMahon's Vlog on Interpreting Complaints
The Florida Association of the Deaf, Inc. (FAD) is affiliated with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and seeks among other important things:
* To promote and safeguard the educational system for self-preservation.
* To promote awareness of communication difficulties, and methods.
* To promote in the use of communication devices.
* To promote in the use of protective signaling devices (smoke detectors, alarms and others).
* To serve as a watchdog of legislation or practices that may affect Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support, with reason, all phases of various organizations and associations working with and for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support fully the affiliated clubs and Associations of the Deaf in Florida in their efforts to bring about greater civic and social interaction of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened community.
FAD and You
The FAD is an organization that promotes Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened Floridians to interact with each other as well as with the hearing community, legislature and agencies/organizations serving Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Late Deafened citizens. We help you to get the most from your lifestyle. FAD functions as the state organization to promote the well-being of an individual.
FAD makes every attempt to ensure your satisfaction while you are a resident of Florida here, and assist in making Florida a better place.
FAD E-blast Subscription
Want to sign up to receive emails through FAD to get news, announcements, events, etc.?